TERMS & CONDITION
Welcome to butternetwork.io, a decentralized tool that enables the management of DeFi treasuries in a trustless manner (the “Butter”). This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions governing your access and use of the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully. By accessing, joining any strategy, or using the Service, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety. If you do not agree with these terms, you are not authorized to access or use the Service. Please exit immediately.
- Modification of this Agreement We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Agreement from time to time. If we make any modifications, we will notify you by updating the date at the top of the Agreement and by maintaining a current version of the Agreement at https://docs.butternetwork.io/terms. All modifications will become effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Service after modifications are posted constitutes your acceptance of those modifications. If you do not agree with the modifications, you must cease accessing and using the Service immediately.
- Eligibility To access or use the Service, you must have the legal capacity to enter into a binding contract with us. By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any company or legal entity for which you may access or use the Service. You also represent that you are not a citizen, resident, or member of any jurisdiction or group that is subject to economic sanctions by the United States, or where your use of the Service would be illegal or in violation of any applicable law. Additionally, you represent that your access and use of the Service will be in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and that you will not use the Service for any illegal activity, nor to conduct, promote, or facilitate any unlawful acts.
- Proprietary Rights We own all intellectual property and other rights in the Service and its contents, including (but not limited to) software, text, images, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents, and designs. Unless expressly authorized by us, you may not copy, modify, adapt, rent, license, sell, publish, distribute, or otherwise permit any third party to access or use the Service or any of its contents. Provided that you are eligible, you are hereby granted a single, personal, limited license to access and use the Service. This license is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and freely revocable by us at any time without notice or cause. Use of the Service or its contents for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Prohibited Activity You agree not to engage in, or attempt to engage in, any of the following categories of prohibited activity in relation to your access and use of the Service: A. Intellectual Property Infringement. Activity that infringes on or violates any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, right of publicity, right of privacy, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights under the law. B. Cyberattack. Activity that seeks to interfere with or compromise the integrity, security, or proper functioning of any computer, server, network, personal device, or other information technology system, including (but not limited to) the deployment of viruses and denial of service attacks. C. Fraud and Misrepresentation. Activity that seeks to defraud us or any other person or entity, including (but not limited to) providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information in order to unlawfully obtain the property of another. D. Market Manipulation. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning the integrity of trading markets, including (but not limited to) the manipulative tactics commonly known as spoofing and wash trading. F. Any Other Unlawful Conduct. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation of the relevant jurisdiction, including (but not limited to) the restrictions and regulatory requirements.
- No Professional Advice All information provided by the Service is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any action based on any information contained in the Service. Before you make any financial, legal, or other decisions involving the Service, you should seek independent professional advice from an individual who is licensed and qualified in the area for which such advice would be appropriate.
- No Warranties The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including (but not limited to) the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service is at your own risk. We do not represent or warrant that access to the Service will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely, or secure; that the information contained in the Service will be accurate, reliable, complete, or current; or that the Service will be free from errors, defects, viruses, or other harmful elements. No advice, information, or statement that we make should be treated as creating any warranty concerning the Service. We do not endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any advertisements, offers, or statements made by third parties concerning the Service.
- No Fiduciary Duties This Agreement is not intended to, and does not, create or impose any fiduciary duties on us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that we owe no fiduciary duties or liabilities to you or any other party, and that to the extent any such duties or liabilities may exist at law or in equity, those duties and liabilities are hereby irrevocably disclaimed, waived, and eliminated. You further agree that the only duties and obligations that we owe you are those set out expressly in this Agreement.
- Release of Claims You expressly agree that you assume all risks in connection with your access and use of the Service and your interaction with the Butter. You further expressly waive and release us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, or damages arising from or in any way relating to your use of the Service and your interaction with the Butter.
- Indemnity You agree to hold harmless, release, defend, and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries from and against all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from: (a) your access and use of the Service; (b) your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement, the right of any third party, or any other applicable law, rule, or regulation; and (c) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your assistance or using any device or account that you own or control.
- Limitation of Liability Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible property, arising out of or relating to any access or use of the Service, nor will we be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or the information contained within it. We assume no liability or responsibility for any: (a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from any access or use of the Service; (c) unauthorized access or use of any secure server or database in our control, or the use of any information or data stored therein; (d) interruption or cessation of function related to the Service; (e) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service; (f) errors or omissions in, or loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of, any content made available through the Service; and (g) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses, or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to us in exchange for access to and use of the Service, or $100.00, whichever is greater.
- Contacting Us Should you have any questions about these Terms, or wish to contact us for any reason whatsoever, please do so by sending us an email at email@example.com.